Test Analyst - Birmingham
We are looking to recruit a Test Analyst to be based in our Birmingham Office, providing rigorous testing activities and producing accompanying documentation in support of each development.
Our Testers are vital in mitigating the risk of JHC releasing defective business critical software to its clients.
- Plan and prioritise work for all incoming testing. Provide detailed, accurate Test Estimates.
- Design detailed conditions and destructive, broad test cases. Draft and issue test plans, where appropriate
- Perform test execution on back office “green screen” applications, front office GUI applications and websites.
- Document and publish using a Test Management Tool, all test results to a defined standard
- Create and maintain test scripts in a Test Management Tool, to a specified quality standard
- Document and report issues arising from testing in a timely manner and manage their tracking and resolution
- Issue testing status and completion reports to project teams when required
- Assist in the ongoing development and improvement of testing standards and procedures across the company and monitor compliance to these agreed standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to operate at any level within JHC and forge strong working relationships with external clients, end users and software developers.
- Flexible, approachable and demonstrates a positive attitude, even when under pressure
- Powerful and pragmatic analysis skills
- Sound problem solving ability
- Must have a commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Strong customer service skills, with a focus on providing excellent service to JHC’s clients
- Ability to provide consultancy and support to clients in a confident and appropriate manner (specifically around test approach and system functionality)
- Capable of quickly gaining knowledge of the processes of the stockbroking industry
- Minimum 2 years testing experience incorporating Unit Testing, System Testing, User Interface Testing, Acceptance Testing and Integration Testing
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes, preferably ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing qualified, with awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience of test management tools
- Experience of working within the financial sector, ideally with stockbroking knowledge.
- Experience of working in Scrum development teams
- Good educational background to either Degree or A level standard or equivalent
- ISEB/ISQTB Foundation Certificate in software testing is desirable
Salary and Benefits
- Salary – competitive
- Company Bonus Scheme based on company profit and individual performance paid annually
- Long Term Incentive Plan (Company Share Option Plan) subject to Board approval
- Auto Enrolment Pension Plan with Scottish Widows, 7% Employers Contributions
- Death in Service Plan with UNUM, 4 x Basic Salary
- Interest Free Travel Loan to purchase annual train/bus pass
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance with top level cover through VitalityHealth
- Healthcare Cash Plan with Healthshield (claim cashback on everyday healthcare needs such as optical, dental, physiotherapy and health and wellbeing treatments)
- Employee Assistance Programme offering 24-hour confidential advice and support through Healthassured
- Income Protection Plan with UNUM (pays a percentage of your salary if you are unable to work due to illness or injury)
- 1/2 price Gym Membership at Virgin Gyms through VitalityHealth
Work Life / Lifestyle
Annual leave holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank and public holidays (holiday year runs from January to December, pro rata for part time employees or if you start part way through the year)
- £30 Monthly entertainment allowance for office social events
- Cycle to Work Scheme with Cyclescheme
- Birthday Vouchers
- Discounts and rewards on various health, wellbeing and lifestyle initiatives through VitalityHealth and Healthshield
- Team Building Events including company weekends and CSR initiatives
- Fully stocked kitchen including an assortment of hot and cold drinks, biscuits and fresh fruit
Working Hours: 35 hours per week with 1 hour for lunch per day (not included in the working hours)
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org